An Australian Data Centre Owner/Operator is keen to appoint a ‘Design Manager’ to join their in-house PM team in Sydney.
This is a rewarding and varied role within a highly successful and established company that has the backing of a global entity.
They can offer genuine career advancement opportunities, with a good work/life balance, and minimal travel requirements.
Managing the design functions on projects including liaising with the Lead Coordinating Consultant (LCC), architecture on space planning and with engineering on specialty functions throughout all phases from feasibility to operations.
The day to day tasks include:
- Coordinate with development and delivery departments to ensure effective design management.
- Establishing design briefs, requests for proposals, programs, scopes of work and deliverables requirements for designers.
- Providing leadership to the design team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule, and cost.
- Advising the use of cost-effective materials and manage systemic value engineering throughout project.
- Supporting sustainability implementation and technology innovation.
- Assisting in the tender selection process specifically related to the appointment of contractors.
- Establishing and maintaining the general engineering standards.
- Recruiting and ensuring team members have the adequate skills to carry out their functions.
- Greater than 10 years’ experience in engineering design, coordination, and management.
- Experience with certifications such as NABERS, LEED, Uptime Institute etc
- Sound working knowledge of engineering services including electrical, mechanical, fire, security, related networks, hydraulics, etc…, and interfaces with architecture, civil and structural disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and meet shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced level in core Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CAD and MS Project.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with clients and within the team.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in electrical, mechanical mechatronics, engineering management or building engineering services.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work directly for a leading Australian DC organisation. For further details on this position or for a confidential chat please contact Shane O'Brien at 0406 639 008 or email@example.com
Kappa Executive Search is an Australian search and recruitment firm. We specialise in the Design, Engineering and Construction sectors. We pride ourselves in working with the highest calibre candidates and consultancies across the APAC region.