- Exciting Developer with a locked in pipeline of large projects
- Training & support provided if you are looking to transition into DM
- A modern culture and and environment makes this a great place to work
A private Australian Residential Property Developer
are looking to hire a Junior Design Manager or Design Coordinator to support their Design Managers in Sydney.
This is a forward thinking Property Developer who has created a highly efficient model for success over the past 25 years. They have recently made some key appointments to their senior management team by promoting from within.
They have taken the decision to outsource all design & technical documentation work for Architecture, Building Services, Structural, Hydraulic etc work to external consultants and have currently have up to eight large new-build project in their current pipeline.
Benefits and perks
About the role
The purpose of this role is a supporting role within the Design and Development Department to and monitoring the current and future property portfolio for the organisation.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Great company working cultural;
- Ongoing training and development
- Various Team Building Activities;
- Strong career progression and training provided;
- Premium Sydney office location.
- Support the Design Managers to drive and manage the design and development phase for residential projects, ensuring compliance with budget and program;
- Chair design meetings (once ramped up) and manage development actions;
- Exercising sound business judgement, identify, investigate and analyse development opportunities, including innovative solutions.
- Partner with Project Management team and Cost Control teams to manage the design & documentation phase of projects, including project set-up, design, permit- application and construction administration;
- Project development daily operation including concept and design development; stakeholders, consultant and contractor negotiation and liaison;
- Manage project metrics, in collaboration with the Finance and Sales & Marketing team, to analyse and manage changing project conditions or circumstances;
- Partner with Acquisition team to prepare property development business cases and development proposals, including all aspects of feasibility investigations (including due diligence, design & constructions);
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive relationships with contractors and consultancies.
- Prepare timely, accurate & professional reports.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and contractual obligations.
- Qualifications within Architecture B.Arch or M.Arch with 5-6 years experience within the Architectural Industry
- Understanding of construction methodology and buildability issues
- Revit or ArchiCAD is essential
- Proven track-record of relevant achievements;
- Understanding of the BCA and its application in the design approvals process
- Excellent coordination skills including significant experience liaising with external stakeholders.
- Understanding of DA compliance within design
- The ability to liase with consultants and council to resolve design issues.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically - outside-the-box; and to approach business-as-usual differently driving tangible residential and commercial results;
- Strong communication skills with a commitment to delivering results while maintaining a positive working/team environment;
- Strong computer skills, including CAD/Revit, ArchiCAD, Excel, PowerPoint building
For further details contact Gemma Palfreyman on
- Manage time effectively and prioritises activities to achieve strategic outcomes;
- Enacts high level of accountability for actions and outcomes;
- Analytical and structured approach to understanding, challenging and building market intelligence and research.
0409 909 505 or firstname.lastname@example.org