A National Cost Consultancy (PQS) are keen to appoint an experienced, commercially focussed Quantity Surveyor into a leadership role as an Associate.
Being self-motivated, ambitious, client focused and able to work independently is vital to this role; a role which will include project delivery and the management and development of 4 x members of staff.
You will need a proven track record in the PQS environment, with a creative and consistent approach to delivering excellence.
This is a superb opportunity to join a proactive, collaborative and dynamic practice, with an enviable client list across a range of property sectors, where you will have the opportunity of working on behalf of commercial developers, investors, funds and occupiers.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the following
- Performing to a high standard, all pre and post contract duties expected of a competent QS, ensuring at all times that best practice is employed.
- Administering project work in line with the firm’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Acting as the interface for projects between the Client, Design Team and the Project Delivery Team to support their successful delivery.
- Ensuring efficient and timely implementation of project requirements and making every effort to maintain projects on time and on budget.
- Ensuring adequate and timely communication channels are in place to support effective project delivery.
- Coordinating and preparing information to support the Client, seeking and listening to the Clients requirements and acting on them accordingly.
- Management of appropriate design, programme and cost information to allow recommendations and support decision making.
- Providing guidance on the most effective procurement approach to achieve project deliverables.
- Overseeing/reviewing/approving the work of sub-consultants or junior members of staff in a positive and constructive manner, as may be required for the delivery of project appointments.
- Generally representing the organisation in a professionally competent and positive manner, ensuring service quality and integrity is maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Reporting to the client and other stakeholders in line with the client’s requirement with company standards.
Delivering a great Client experience
As an Associate QS you will need to build strong, professional relationships with clients, consultants and contractors, based on mutual respect, trust and integrity.
In this context, the role will involve:
- Representing the company at project meetings with clients, designers and contractors to provide advice on all aspects of project assignments.
- Communicating clearly, concisely and coherently with the client and other consultants regarding information required for the purpose of performing their services
- Identifying risks and issues with ongoing activities and positively identifying mitigation measures in a way that both protects the interests of the client, the company and any other relevant stakeholders.
Positively contributing to the team
- The Associate will play a key role in resource allocation, working with all team members to understand client requirements/deadlines and how best to deploy resource efficiently to achieve these requirements/deadlines.
- The Associate will fulfill a leadership role with more junior members of the business and will support those individuals in dealing with issues and challenges on projects in a positive and professional manner.
- The Associate will assist with the professional development, mentoring and training of more junior members of staff within the business.
Suitable candidate will be:
- Able to demonstrate a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a PQS environment
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate experience in a relevant discipline.
- Expected to demonstrate a range of strong core QS skills reflected in successfully project delivery across a variety of industry sectors.
- Expected to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the market, contractors and pricing levels
- Expected to have a good understanding of modern construction methods.
Suitable candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability:
- To prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To pay accurate and excellent attention to detail.
- To be pro-active and enjoy working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- To be confident and assertive where required.
- To be sociable and outgoing.
- To have a flexible approach to work.
- To be a good role model for junior members of the team.
- To understand and appreciate the importance of using discretion.
- To be a team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
For further details on this position or for a confidential chat please contact Shane O'Brien on 0406 639 008.
Kappa Executive Search is a boutique Australian search firm. We specialise in recruiting within the Design, Engineering and Construction sectors. We pride ourselves in working with the highest calibre candidates and consultancies across the APAC region.